Top Destinations: Salzburg Part 1 – Why You Need To Buy The Salzburg Card
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria and one of my favourite destinations in Europe. Salzburg captured my heart with some of the most beautiful baroque architecture surrounded by a stunning backdrop of greenery including mountains, lakes, trees and flowers. Salzburg was the birthplace of Mozart, one of the world’s most famous music composers, and The Sound of Music (1965) movie was filmed in various locations around the city. As a musician and a huge fan of Julie Andrews, spending three days exploring Salzburg was a no-brainer for me!
Today’s post is to share with you one of the best things you can buy to save yourself money on Salzburg’s sights, attractions and public transport!
The Salzburg Card
This is what I highly recommend you should buy when you find yourself in Salzburg!
What does the Salzburg Card include?
1. One-time free entry to all the attractions in the city
2. ALL public transport services in the city excl. S 2 and S 3
3. Discounts on cultural events
4. Discounts on several trips, tours and outings.
Where can I buy the Salzburg Card?
2. Salzburg ticket offices
3. Information offices: I bought my Salzburg Card at the train station when I first arrived!
4. Online: Here is the link to book your Salzburg Card online
How much does it cost?
1.The time of year that you visit Salzburg
2. Whether you are buying as an adult or a child
3. How many days you want to purchase – either 24, 48 or a 72 hour pass
I travelled to Salzburg in the European Summer, and I bought an adult ticket for 72 hours which cost me 41 Euros, which in Australian dollars is almost $60.
Is it really worth buying?
I visited Salzburg for three days, and as a first time visitor to the city I wanted to see and pack in as many sights and attractions as I could while I was there.
I visited nine of the attractions listed on the Salzburg card and I regularly used public transport to get around the city. If I had not purchased the Salzburg card I would have spent approximately 100 Euros ($150 AUD), and instead I only spent 41 Euros, saving me almost 60 Euros (almost $90 AUD)! So for me, the Salzburg card was well worth it!
You should buy the Salzburg card if…
1. You are exploring Salzburg for the first time
2. Spending more than one day, and planning to pack in lots of sights and attractions
3. You are travelling with children
Want more information about Salzburg?
1. Visit the Salzburg Card website
2. Visit the Visit Salzburg Facebook Page
3. Check out my Salzburg Part 2 and 3 covering top sights and attractions to see plus The Sound of Music movie locations!
Part 2: Top 5 Sights To See In Salzburg
Share your thoughts
1. SHARE this post to someone who you know is visiting Salzburg!
2. LIKE this post if next time you will definitely be using the Salzburg card!
3. Are there any other travel cards like the Salzburg card around Europe that you would highly recommend?
Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!
For more travel updates, adventures, stories and tips…
LIKE my Facebook Page ‘The World As Bec Sees It’ and come on my adventures with me!